West End Jazz Trail
Spend the afternoon in Aberdeen’s West End enjoying live jazz in seven different intimate venues. With music as diverse as the venues, you’ll get everything from singers to swing, funk to fusion from top class musicians – something to suit all tastes.
One ticket buys you entry to all the music on offer at this festival within the festival.
Download the programme here
The confirmed bands are:
- Colin Black & Ben MacDonald- Celebrating the guitar in jazz
- Colin Black & Paul Towndrow- Guitar and saxophone duo
- John Burgess Joymaker Three- Purveyors of fine 20s and 30s vintage jazz
- Elaine Crighton- Charismatic singer of the classic songbook
- Melodie Fraser - Latin tinged vocal jazz
- Steve Garrett & Pete Lowitt- Hypnotic, folky, jazzy rhythms
- Hamlet & Nadya Albertsson- Fusion jazz from top young Aberdeen team
- Havana Swing- Inspired by the music of Django Reinhardt’s Hot Club de Paris
- Richard Linn Latin Quartet- Cuban inspired jazz and latin standards
- Cat Loud- Sultry singer pays tribute to the divas
- Mary May- Sophisticated, seductive and sassy singer
- Jed Potts solo- Spirited vocals and sophisticated blues guitar
- Jed Potts Hillman Hunters- Classic 50s and 60s blues
The venues are:
Glentannar Wee Glen Bar, McGinty’s Meal An’ Ale, Park Inn by Radisson and Shack, Soul, Vovem, 21 Crimes.
Sponsored by Aberdeen Inspired
Explore the ProgrammeDownload PDF
Aberdeen’s West End comes alive to the sound of jazz and blues music on Sunday 31st March. From salsa to swing, jazz to blues, 12 bands play in seven venues from 2.30pm to 3.30pm. Download the full programme + MORE
A cracker of a final gig for Paul Towndrow's residency and the last chance to hear the amazing AUJO at the Festival. Click here for details + MORE