Jazz On The Green 2020
Aberdeen’s biggest free admission music event is back with a line-up of 12 acts on six stages for a music-packed afternoon.
The party atmosphere of Jazz On The Green is centred around two outdoor stages, located in the atmospheric Green, and The Bandstand on the St Nicholas Shopping Centre Roof Terrace. The fun continues with indoor line-ups in Carmelite and he Tunnels and joining the existing line-up are The Douglas Hotel and Aberdeen Art Gallery.
The acts confirmed to perform are:
- Aberdeen University Jazz Band – playing the classic big band tunes
- Aberdeen University Jazz Orchestra – music from the big band era
- Alan Benzie & Michael Butcher – leading jazz piano and saxophone duo
- Colin Black Duo – jazz guitar meets jazz saxophone
- Colin Black Trio – classic jazz guitar tunes from trio with strong group dynamic
- DopeSick Fly – funk-rap masters delivering a rock, poetic, acid jazz fusion
- Full Fat Band – rock-blues-with an alternative new edge
- Guarana Street Band – Aberdeen community street drumming band
- Hamlet – High-energy,jazz fusion collective
- Leppard and the Big Cats – soul, funk and Motown party band
- Oceans 3 – top Rat Pack band singing the great American songbook
- Viper Swing – vintage gypsy jazz band, evoking the 1920s to 40s
Jazz On The Green is sponsored by
We're Working On It!
Check back soon for the next festival's full programme.
Explore the ProgrammeDownload PDF
This morning, in the light of Government recommendations, venue and musician’s cancellations, and our own responsibilities to staff, musicians, audiences, and contractors, we have decided to re-schedule the rest of the Festival, and will be discussing the + MORE